Official Blog of Allison Ethier

My photo
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Official blog of Allison Ethier NSCA Personal Trainer, ISSN Sport Nutrition, Educator & Mom

08 April 2011

New York Pro - April 8-10th (this weekend)

Hi Everyone -
Here it is - another show in the horizon.  It is Friday the night before the NY City Pro event.  It will be held  tomorrow Saturday April 9th - starting around 10am at the Tribecca Performing Arts Center.  You can see more information here.  The physique round is in the morning with the routines at the night show.

I have been trying to hold the line since the Arnold.  I find it easier to just hold the the line than get into shape. However, if you had asked me 3 weeks ago I would have a different answer I am sure.  I feel this way not as the end is here, however, on Monday I was hungry! (and my clients knew I was hungry)
Routine I have not changed much - a few moves to make it more 'fly' but the theme is the same.  4 weeks is not enough time for a new routine and I was thinking of going backwards to an old one but again, impressing it on my memory is hard now as my thoughts are elsewhere so I have a hard time focussing.  Keeping the same routine with a few minor changes I can handle, an overhaul - not in 4 weeks and a full work/home schedule.

Since the Arnold I have been non stop busy.  And loving it.  I started personal training back in June just to test the waters and see if this would be something that I could do for a living.  I never knew.  I just never knew.  All my friends knew - but somehow I did not.  My mom knew.  My co-workers - fellow teachers knew but how come I did not know.  I think I am just very stubborn and once I get an idea in my head it is all over - there is no changing my mind until the goal is accomplished.   Although there is much to lean personal training is where I was supposed to be all my life.  Now I feel as though I spent quite a bit of time in the wrong place and need to 'fast track' my learning to become an awesomely superior personal trainer.  It will take time, long days, and a lot of reading but I am excited for the next 10 years - (they say that is how long it takes to become an expert - so I am guessing with all my fitness experience I can maybe scale it back to 7-8 years but I digress).

Now I have to make a bigger decision - the time has come to decide what to do for next year - for the school year. School is not even out for a teacher after March Break you start planning for the next year.  I know what I need to do but doing it does not make the decision easier.   Everyone tells me the right thing to do but I have a hard time with change.  I remember when we bought our house with a garage, and I would for weeks (even in the cold) still park the car outside as the change of moving the car inside the house was very difficult for me.
Growing up we never had a garage - anyways....change is tough in any form.

So leaving my job - and starting (or continuing) a new one is one of those major life changes that can throw your stress levels soaring, and your sleep out the window. But with this change I feel less stress and sleep more - so it must be the right decision - again not easier but right.

Besides my work life, this weekend - yes back to competing - my goals - rock the routine and come in shape.  A top 3 or qualification for the Olympia would really be icing on the cake (hmmm icing).

A friend of mine will be coming down and I am very excited to have someone in my corner.  It should be a good show and if you have seen the listing of competitors - here it is - and follow any updates on Siouxcountry.com

Talk soon,


“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction”

A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The main thing is to just believe in your future. Don't be afraid to make the change, because you're going from helping one group of individuals to helping another group of individuals, which just proves you haven't lost any of your ability to care and be warm and very human towards others.

GOOD LUCK in all you do and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt