Official Blog of Allison Ethier

My photo
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Official blog of Allison Ethier NSCA Personal Trainer, ISSN Sport Nutrition, Educator & Mom

23 September 2008

Where does the time go?















(me, and Thao from Slimquick Extreme)

It has been about a month since my last posting. I think about this blog when I am working out and have oodles of ideas, and then seemingly time gets away from me and I am unable to 'find the time' to sit down and write.

August flew by with various family events, some quick 2-3 day excursions, and some down time before school started.

Luckily this year at school - (I am a high school math teacher) - I decided quite some time ago to take less than 100% workload. I am 50% workload this year, which means I work 2 half days, and then get a day off. I choose to do this (and luckily can afford to), for a variety of reasons.

Last year I would get out of bed, and dread going to school. It was my first full year of teaching since having my son. The transition was not easy, and vowed not to do it like that this year. I found myself losing patience with son when I got home at night. I was giving away all my patience to my students, and not having enough when I got home. Plus, the new programs that are being implemented require much more time than a person is able to give. I felt as though I was giving 70% effort into all my projects in order to just keep up with all the work required of me. It was not benefiting my students, or my family life.

It has been a month since I have been back at school and well I am loving it. I finally can track my students the way a teacher should, keep on top of them, have clarity of mind when teaching and have lots of patience for my son when I get home at night. I am much less stressed, and look forward to each new day. I have benefited from taking more time for myself, and thus being able to give more back to those around me.

This does mean that I will have more time to train, if needed. And be able to rest more as well which is invaluable when you are in that last 3 weeks before a show.

September has been a great month and we are not done yet. I was privileged to attend the Ms. Fitness World and Ms. Fitness USA in Las Vegas from September 9th to 11th. I was there representing Slimquick Extreme the title sponsor of the event. I was there for the company and not competing. But I hung out backstage so often that I felt as though I was competing. Here are a few pics of the event. This is a wonderful event, well organized, the girls are treated like stars, they are friendly and even though it is a competition it is still very relaxed.

You will see a broadcast of the event on FoxSports Net starting in January of 2009.

Here are some pictures of the event.



















Me, at the Slimquick Booth















Wally Boyko, Thao, Meshelle, and myself

No comments: